Radel® polyphenylsulfone (PPSU) delivers the highest performance of sulfone polymers, offering better impact resistance and chemical resistance than polysulfone (PSU) and polyetherimide (PEI). The high heat resistance and excellent hydrolytic stability make it an excellent choice for hot water fittings and medical devices requiring repeated steam sterilization. Radel® polyphenylsulfone (PPSU) can withstand continuous exposure to moisture and high temperatures and still absorb tremendous impact without cracking or breaking.
- High HDT of 207°C (405°F)
- Superior toughness and impact strength
- Exceptional long-term hydrolytic stability
- Better chemical resistance than PSU and PEI
- Withstands over 1,000 cycles of steam sterilization without any significant loss of properties
- Inherently flame retardant
- Sterilization cases and trays
- Dental and surgical instruments
- Medical devices
- Aircraft interiors
- Airline catering trolleys
- Hot water fittings
- Plumbing manifolds
- Food service trays
Our extruded stock shapes of the following grades provide a wide range of performance options for demanding applications:
- Radel 5100, Radel 5500 (Natural, Bone White, Black, Gray, Blue)
Glass Reinforced PPSU:
Please contact us to discuss custom Radel grade or color not listed above.
APEXCO-PPSI uses prime virgin resins. All products are fully traceable back to raw material lot.
Note: Ultem, Lexan and Noryl are registered trademarks of SABIC Innovative Plastics.
Udel and Radel are regusted trademarks of Solvay Advanced Polymers.