Noryl, modified polyphenylene oxide (PPO) is considered material of choice due to excellent mechanical, thermal and electrical properties combined with good hydrolytic stability over a wide temperature range. Noryl is widely used for electrical and structural components since it has excellent insulating properties, flame resistance, and dimensional stability. Noryl is often selected for fluid handling applications since it has low moisture absorption and excellent strength and stiffness. It also can be used to replace stamped steel, die cast metal, and brass in functional assemblies.
- Good stiffness and strength and creep resistance over a wide temperature range
- Maintains properties up to 230°F continuous use
- Very high impact and surface strength unaffected by humidity
- Exceptional dimensional and hydrolytic stability
- High dielectric strength over wide frequency range
- Flame resistant & self-extinguishing (V-O UL-94 rating)
- Good resistance on acids, bases and cleaning agents
- Electrical insulators and components
- Aircraft instrumentation
- Shafts, gear wheels, spacer
- Pump, valve and fittings
- Water softener valves
- Water pump components
- Surgical instruments
- Vaporizer and scrubber parts
- Plated and vacuum metalized parts
Our extruded stock shapes of the following grades provide a wide range of performance options:
- Noryl EN265 (Gray, Black)
Glass Fiber reinforced:
- 20% Glass Fiber reinforced: GFN2, SE1GFN2 (Gray)
- 30% Glass Fiber reinforced: GFN3, SE1GFN3 (Gray)
- 30% Glass, 15% PTFE reinforced (LNP-ZFL 4036 Equivalent): APEXCOPPO-GF30TF15 (Black)
Please contact us to discuss custom Noryl grade or color not listed above.
APEXCO-PPSI uses prime virgin resins. All products are fully traceable back to raw material lot.
Note: Ultem, Lexan and Noryl are registered trademarks of SABIC Innovative Plastics.
Udel and Radel are regusted trademarks of Solvay Advanced Polymers.