Ultem (PEI) offers outstanding elevated temperature resistance, high strength and stiffness, and broad chemical resistance. PEI materials are used in medical and chemical applications due to their heat resistance, solvent resistance and flame resistance. PEI has high mechanical properties and performs in continuous use to 340°F (170°C). PEI resins uniquely balance both mechanical properties and processability, offering design engineers exceptional flexibility and freedom.
- High heat resistance
- Superior strength and stiffness up to 390 F
- Exceptional long-term hydrolytic stability
- Predictable dimensional stability
- Environmental stress and cracking resistance
- Inherently flame retardant
- High dielectric strength
- Excellent machining.
- Structural components that require strength and rigidity at elevated temperatures
- Chemical Processing
- Medical devices
- Aircraft components
- Pump and Valve parts
- Food processing equipment
Our extruded stock shapes of the following grades provide a wide range of performance options:
- Ultem 1000 (Natural, Black)
Glass Fiber reinforced PEI
- 10% Glass Fiber reinforced: Ultem 2100 (Natural, Black)
- 20% Glass Fiber reinforced: Ultem 2200 (Natural, Black)
- 30% Glass Fiber reinforced: Ultem 2300 (Natural, Black)
- 40% Glass Fiber reinforced: Ultem 2400 (Natural, Black)
Chemical Resistant, Glass Fiber reinforced PEI:
- 20% Glass Fiber reinforced: CRS5201 (Natural, Black)
- 30% Glass Fiber reinforced: CRS5301 (Natural, Black)
Bearing Grade PEI:
- Carbon Fiber, PTFE, Graphite reinforced: Ultem 4000 (Black)
Carbon Fiber reinforced PEI:
- 12% Carbon Fiber reinforced: UC1200 (Black)
- 30% Carbon Fiber reinforced: EC006/EC1006 (Black)
- 10% to 30% Carbon Fiber reinforced: APEXCOPEI-CF (Black
Carbon Nano Tube reinforced PEI:
- APEXCOAntiStat-PEI (Black)
Please contact us to discuss custom Ultem grade or color not listed above.
APEXCO-PPSI uses prime virgin resins. All products are fully traceable back to raw material lot.
Note: Ultem, Lexan and Noryl are registered trademarks of SABIC Innovative Plastics.
Udel and Radel are regusted trademarks of Solvay Advanced Polymers.